Friday, May 21, 2010
Blog Post Numero Uno
After brooding over all the thoughts in my head, I've finally decided to blog. However, I am fully aware that probably my biggest fault is that I'm really bad at completing what I started, therefore, I have made it a family blog and Brian has been invited to also post.
For starters, some of my thoughts just today (that I will elaborate on in future blogs, to be sure):
1. I am worried about the development of my 4-month-old born with HIE (hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy...basically, she has brain damage due to oxygen deprivation at birth) and am having a hard time finding a balance between enjoying her NOW and wanting to fast forward to see what the future holds.
2. I am once again frustrated and confused by, yet eternally grateful for, the insurance companies. Again finding it hard to balance the emotions... Brian helped me realize that money is counted in how many copays we get out of it...this is sad (and sort of funny), but this is reality for us right now.
3. How do I get my baby to sleep all night in her own bed? Am I doing it wrong or is she just not ready yet?
4. When can I find time to do all these crafts that I'm finding via this blog's link parties? (this is what I do while nursing, I scour these ladies' craft blogs and dream about all the fun things I will make someday...and by make, I mean start, but probably not finish)
5. With that (if I'm lucky) 2-3 hours a day that I get all to myself, how do I get some "me" time, but not feel guilty for NOT cleaning the kitchen, mopping the floors, doing laundry, scrubbing toilets, etc etc etc. I'm sure Brian thinks I'm a big slacker, but Sadie seems to hate the baby carrier for long periods of time, so I'm usually sitting nursing or bouncing her in her bouncy chair...both of which require me to have everything within arm's reach.
And with that, I've completed my very first blog post...I'm sure I'll get better at it and find catchy witticisms and silly stories to share with my readers in the months to come. Stay tuned!! Question of the day... Readers, help me out by leaving a comment below: What is the best way I can balance that tiny bit of free time I get between what I want to do and what I have to do? How do you do it? (baby wearing doesn't count, as I explained above that she hates that right now)