Saturday, February 23, 2013

Anna's 30th birthday

Dear Anna,

Today you are 30, and we've now been friends for 10 years.  It's hard to believe it's been that long.  We've gone from silly girls wondering about our futures to heartbroken and joyful moms.  I have watched you literally grow up in the 10 years I've known you.


When I met you our biggest drama was a roommate who wanted "justice." 10 years later we've been through miscarriages, and birth trauma, healthy babies, and true love.  I am so proud to call you my friend.  You are strong and you shine and you are so very talented.

I remember your wedding.  It was so hot.  You were so beautiful.  I was so impressed with Jeremy.  Then, you were in my wedding.  And it was so hot.  And you were pregnant.


We have cried a lot of tears together.  We have definitely had a lot of laughs together.  We've had babies.  We've gained weight.  We've lost weight.  We've gone on road trips and plane trips and roller coasters.  We've even been through customs disasters after natural disasters and international collect calls from payphones in airports!!  And even though we've changed a lot... we're still so much the same.


Now your life is filled with a bunch of little men.  And they are so cute.  They are so full of energy and personality.  And they love you so much.  You and Jeremy are teaching them to be honorable and to live life with integrity.  I can't wait to see how they grow up.


I don't get to talk to you very often, I see you even less often.  But I still love you so so much.  I wish we lived closer to one another.  I remember when your bedroom was just on the other side of the wall from me.  Now you are 2 states away.

I love you and am proud of how strong you are.  I love your family.  You have a wonderful husband and 3 amazing children.


I can't wait to know you for another 10 years.  Happy 30th birthday.  I hope that it's wonderful and spectacular and everything you dreamed it'd be.

Love,
Christie

PS. Someday when our children are grown up and moved out (well, except for Sadie, maybe) and our husbands are just grumpy old men, let's still be silly.

Like this!!




No comments:

Post a Comment