Friday, March 29, 2013

Dear Ezra - 5 months

Dear Ezra,


I can't believe you are almost a half a year old.  These past few weeks have brought on lots of exciting new things.  You can almost sit independently.  You use your voice a lot more than you used to.  You are getting really good at reaching out and grabbing for something if it's presented to you.  And that first tooth is about to pop through!

The one thing you still can't do though, is turn back over to your back once you've gotten yourself onto your tummy.  And you only roll onto your tummy in one direction.  Every time.  It makes me laugh, because if I don't strap you into your bouncy seat, you are strong enough to turn yourself over IN THE CHAIR.  And I lay you down to sleep between those blocks that are supposed to keep you from rolling over, but you still manage to do it somehow.  Yet, even with how strong you are to do these things...you still can't figure out how to turn back over!!

You are sure cute, though.  When Grammy Rachel was here last week we took you out shopping with us and so many people stopped us to tell me how beautiful you are.  So many people commented on what a cute baby I have.  And you're so fat.  They often also comment on how big you are!  You are now 5 and a half months old and we just pulled out the 6-9 month clothes, some of which are already too small!!

Sometimes when I hold you and nurse you I lose my breath for a moment because I am so in love with you.  It overwhelms me how much you need me and love me.  I am amazed that you are so smart and are learning to do so many things that we never got to experience with your sister.

You are so curious.  Last night I gave you a piece of paper and you played with it for a half hour.  We gave you a baby spoon the other night while you sat in your high chair and we ate dinner.  We watched you explore it and put it in your mouth, even gag yourself a little.  You want to touch my phone whenever I'm holding you.  You try to put everything in  your mouth.  It is so fun to watch you explore and grow and learn.

When we took you to the baseball game last week, there was a family sitting in front of us; a mom and a dad and their freckled, red headed 20-something-year-old son.  And I got a glimpse of the future.  Someday you're going to be 20 something years old.  You're going to be a man.  And I hope you still need me and still love me.  I hope that when I see you and give you a hug I still lose my breath for a moment at how much I love you.

I love you little Ezzy ding dong.

Love,
Mommy

PS. This is what you look like at 5 months

Headed to your first baseball game with Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment