Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Waiting is Finally Over...for now

It finally happened. Sadie's front teeth broke the surface. We have ALL been working hard for those teeth, but Sadie's been working the hardest! I just hope that we don't have to suffer 3 months of hell for every.little.tooth. to pop through! What do they say? It's always darkest before the dawn? It was darkest this weekend. Saturday Sadie wouldn't suck. And she doesn't know how to go to sleep unless she's sucking (yes, we know, we've created a monster), so guess what happened? She didn't sleep. She finally cried herself out and took a short nap in the afternoon. She woke up around 3:30 and here's the kicker...she didn't go back to sleep until after 3:30 in the morning! It was horrible. And exhausting. Today has been similar. We went to PT and Sadie screamed and screamed and screamed. We didn't even get to have PT. I was so embarrassed I left in tears. Later this afternoon, I was rubbing her gums where I had felt something this morning. Then I looked and saw something. It's a tooth!! Now I'm dancing a jig. I know, that second one still has to come through, so we're not out of the woods yet (not to mention this is only her THIRD tooth and she has a LOT more to come...ugh), but I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief. Now I just hope she doesn't end up with a feeding tube, or I'll feel like all this hard work was for nothing!! PS. pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment