Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bump Watch - 35 weeks


As much as I desire to be unpregnant and hold my sweet new baby in my arms, I don't really want this baby to come early.  His due date is 10-11-12.  That's a Thursday.  My mom comes on Tuesday, the 9th.  My last day of work is Wednesday, the 10th.  I think Anna is coming on the 11th.  So, as awesome as it would be to have his birthday be 10-11-12, 1. I think the hospital will be crowded that day with all sorts of people being induced and having C-sections so that their child has that fun date as its birthday, and 2. I really want everyone here for the big event.  So, the 12th or 13th would be perfect.

Hear that baby?

Alright, on to the bumpdate...

How far along?  35 weeks!!  I can't believe we're already this close!

Weight Gain? I gained another pound and weighed in this morning at exactly 200.0lbs.  That means I've gained 43.7lbs total.

What's up with my Body?  My hips officially hurt and I had to grab pillows off the guest bed to support me when I sleep.  And now my back hurts too.  I think I've strained my lower back muscles from carrying this baby and then also carrying my other baby. :(  I have an appt with the chiropractor tomorrow.

Other than that, I think I might have a stretch mark.  I never got any with Sadie, and I haven't gotten any up to this point with this baby.  So, I'm not even sure if that's what this is.  I've only had Brian look at it, and what does he know?!  It's kind of underneath my belly so it's hard to see even in the mirror.  It wouldn't surprise me though if it was, this child is so low that he's stressing out my lower-belly skin more than anywhere else.

Sleeping?  Sleep comes easily, but it's hard for my body to lay there for such a long time in bed.  I wish I could fit it into my schedule to take like 3 or 4 long naps throughout a 24 hour period.  I think I might be more productive in my life if I could do it this way too!

Food Cravings?  If I want food at all, it's usually something heavy and starchy...pretty much like it's been this whole pregnancy.  But I have such a hard time even having an appetite.  I have to force myself to eat.  The other night I made risotto and I was excited to eat it, Brian goes, "I'm glad that you're actually excited to eat this, I worry because most of the time you have to force yourself to eat dinner."  I had 2 servings...and then I ate the leftovers the next night.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Emotions: I'm impatient and irritable.  Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, maybe it's because I teach Freshmen...could be a little of both!

Baby name: We still like the same name.  This is the longest a name has stuck around.  All our parents like it (which hasn't happened with any of the others), and it has a great meaning.  Maybe next week, I'll reveal it to you guys!

Best moment of the week: When I found out I was pregnant, I soon realized that I had a friend having a baby every month of this year!  My September friend just had her baby this week...a healthy little boy named Koa born at home.  That means I'm next!!

What I'm looking forward to: In a couple of weeks we'll have our next prenatal group meeting and I'm excited to see who's NOT there because they've had their babies!!  This is the point at which our group starts getting smaller and smaller until just me and the two other girls who are about where I am are left!!

How baby's growing: WHAT?!!  This baby now weighs like 5.5lbs and is over 18 inches long!  I don't feel like he can be that big!  That's like Brian's birth weight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment