Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 12

Yesterday I totally missed a Thanksgiving opportunity. It was Veteran's Day and I should have been thankful for all those who have fought and are still fighting for our country. But I was blinded by my own selfish good fortune.

The truth is, I don't have a lot of confidence or belief in our government. I think they are corrupt and beyond repair and they only dig themselves deeper and deeper into the pile of poo they are already buried in each time we elect a new President.

But that doesn't mean the soldiers who are serving at home and in various countries around the world aren't good people. They are doing what they feel is right and they are often doing it at the expense of their family, who are at home without them, or forced to move every few months to a new place.

So, I am thankful for all those who are serving in the military. I am thankful for their sacrifice and their dedication. I am thankful for their strength and willingness to sacrifice. I am also thankful for the families of those in active duty. These wives are are raising children mostly by themselves, packing up their children every few months and moving somewhere else, or even wondering if their husband is every going to come home...alive.

Thank you for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment