Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bump Watch - 39 weeks


I am so eager to have this baby.  I get to see him every week on the ultrasound and it is KILLING me to see his little heart beating and his little belly rising with each breath and today I saw him stick out his tongue!!!  I just want to hold him and cuddle him and nurse him.  Of course I do want to be unpregnant, but I am now so eager to just meet him that being unpregnant sounds like a secondary benefit!!

How far along?  39 weeks.  Can you believe I've made it this far?

Weight Gain? I didn't weigh myself at home today, but at the midwife I had gone down 2 pounds since my weigh in on Monday.

What's up with my Body? I had some contractions this morning.  Between my ultrasound and my actual appointment I had like 45 minutes of waiting and I was feeling contractions, so I'd look at the clock each time...they were coming regularly every 10 minutes.  And they continued to come every 10 minutes (not very strongly) for about 2 hours.  But then they stopped.

Because this was going on, I asked the midwife to check me and see if I'm dilating.  (In case you aren't aware, midwives don't do this automatically at your appointments, only on request)  I had debated whether I wanted her to check me or not because it can be so discouraging...or it can bring on false hope.  She was like, "your about 1 cm dilated and your cervix is about this thick" and she held her finger and thumb apart about 2 inches.  Oye.

However, she DID touch his head, so he's WAAAAYYYYY down there and as soon as that dilates enough for him, he's gonna like, fall out!!

In the meantime.  I am miserable.  My skin is so stretched out at the bottom of my belly that I have a rash and it itches constantly... the kind of itching like if you have a rubberband around your wrist for too long and when you take it off it hurt-itches.

We're still having 100 degree weather.

The silver lining in all this is that Sadie has been so happy and so cute lately and I have really loved being around her.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.  Today the ultrasound tech said, "whoa!!  That really is a boy isn't it!!"  haha...then she printed out an AWESOME picture of his little tender bits.

Emotions: Oh my gosh I am so grumpy!  I am sick of people telling me about their pregnancies.  I don't want to talk about it anymore.  My poor students (luckily, they get emails from me, so I have time to think through my words and be tactful), because they are so irritating to me right now.  Today I told Chelsea that all I wanted to do was go back in my bedroom and cry because I just felt like I was overwhelmed with emotions.  

Really, I'm awesome to be around right now.

Baby name: I think we've FINALLY chosen our name.  But I think you're gonna have to wait until he's born to find out what it is!!

Best moment of the week: I got my burst of energy that comes at the end, in about an hour I did dishes, scrubbed toilets, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the kitchen and dining room floors, vacuumed the living room rugs, and took a shower.  I was convinced we were going to the hospital that night... but nope, I'm still pregnant.

What I'm looking forward to: My bags are packed, the car seat is installed, my mom comes on Tuesday... let's get on with this!!

If you're lucky, I'll post a picture tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you get to hold your little one so soon! I've got 18 weeks left, blah. Can't wait to see him!!!

    ReplyDelete