Monday, January 21, 2013

Dear Ezra - January 2013

Dear Ezra,

You are now 3 months old, yet, I can't remember a time when you weren't a part of our family.  You are amazing.  Daddy and I marvel daily at the progress of your development.  We watch you do things we've never realized babies can do, and we rejoice with you when you learn something new.

Recently you've decided that you don't need to be swaddled at night, but that you can fall asleep on your own.  You're such a big boy. 

And you use your hands more and more now.  You hold on when you're being carried, and you grab the toys hanging down when you're laying on your toy mat.  And now you've started pulling on my clothes when you want to nurse.  You are so smart.

We love to hear your voice.  I can tell you're practicing to be a singer when you grow up.  You squeal and talk baby talk and blow raspberries all day long.  Someday I'll probably be annoyed that you won't be quiet, but not yet.

Sometimes we play this game where I bounce you and shake you on my lap and you giggle and laugh with a big open mouth like it's the greatest thing you've ever experienced.  Daddy tries to do it on his lap, but it's just not the same.  You don't giggle for him (I think he's a little jealous).  You are Mama's boy and don't you ever let anyone tell you that's a bad thing, or make fun of you for it.

You will forever be my boy.  I love you so much.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment