Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bump Watch 33 weeks!!


Last week after I posted my bumpwatch, I had a complete meltdown.  Brian was out of town, Sadie is working on that last tooth and IMPOSSIBLE, I am so tired, the barometer is all over the place as we are well into monsoon season, and I am not feeding myself well enough.  I texted my mom and asked if she could change her flight and come earlier... like a MONTH earlier!  I just need the help!  Sadie is gaining so much weight that I just don't carry her or lift her if I don't have to.  Feeding her is a constant battle against the clock, especially when I'm working...and then I have to also feed myself.  And if I don't feed myself then I feel like crap and it starts this great spiral downward into a black hole.

My mom was worried, as naturally moms should be when getting a text like that from their daughter, and so we talked on the phone.  Correction: I cried on the phone while she wished as hard as she could that she could hug me.  But then we got down to business and started coming up with some ideas.  No, I can't ask my husband to pay for a live-in mommy's helper.  But I can start buying some frozen and premade meals and keeping stuff in the freezer for easy grabbing.  That has helped a lot.  And Brian is really good about giving me breaks.  The other night I just spent an hour out at the grocery store with a friend, and when I came back, I was head over heels in love with Sadie all over again (when I left I was ready to give her up for adoption!! haha).  

So, I guess it's better.  The weather has cooled off a little for the last few days (although it's more humid) and that really makes a big difference.  I'll make it through, and I'm glad I have help.

How far along?  33 weeks!!  

Weight Gain? I weighed myself yesterday and my scale said exactly 199.0.  I keep wondering when I'll break that 200 mark, I thought for sure it'd be by now!!  Also, until I break the 200 mark, I don't break the +50 mark!!

What's up with my Body?  My body is off balance.  This baby is really low and so I find myself straining in my lower back just to stand up straight and to walk.  I also am finding it hard to get something off the floor if I'm sitting on the couch... because there's just too much belly way down low.

I've gotten to the point that when bathing Sadie, it's easier to get in with her, but I have to get in, then have Brian hand her to me, because getting down to the ground requires falling a little bit, and I don't want to break my tailbone!!

Sleeping?  Sleeping is finally getting tough.  I am so thankful that I've made it this long without having too many problems sleeping.  But I wake up frequently now because either my shoulder or my hip hurts, and if I turn over the other shoulder or hip hurts!!  And sleeping on my back is a lost cause.  However, it's still not as bad as it was with Sadie, so I'm counting my blessings there. 

I wish I had MORE sleep.  I go to bed one or two hours before Brian and I'm so dead tired I don't even remember him coming to bed!!  Then when his alarm goes off in the morning, that's usually when I get up, but I wish that I could lay there for another 2 hours.  

Food Cravings?  Mostly I just crave liquids.  I have a hard time drinking enough during the day.  Then I drink like 48 ounces in the evening...and then I'm up and down all night peeing.  Not good.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Emotions: I've been okay with my emotions.  After that meltdown, and a good, hard cry, I feel better about things.

Baby name: I think we may have found a winner!!  Everyday I ask Brian if he still likes it, because I REALLY like it and I don't want him to change his mind.  The best part about this name is it's meaning.  It has a great meaning that is very appropriate for the role this baby is going to be born into in this family!

Best moment of the week: Sadie's getting a new Happy Chair!  My favorite grocery store just opened a new branch WAAAAYYYY closer to my home!!  I am able to help and take my friend and her family to the airport in the morning because I actually have a big enough vehicle to fit 3 adults, 3 children in car seats, and all their luggage!!!

What I'm looking forward to: My friends want to throw me a baby shower.  I didn't really care if I got one or not since this is my second kid and I don't really need anything.  But it's nice to know they care and want to celebrate me and my baby.  So, I'm looking forward to that... when I was pregnant with Sadie, I was sort of in transition in my life/job, so like, 6 people came, and 1 was my mother in law, 1 lived across the street, and 3 were actually GIVING the shower.  So, now I feel like I have a lot more friends and, I don't want presents, so I think it'll actually just be fun to have a party and see everyone!

How baby's growing: Baby weighs over 4lbs, and is about 17 inches long!!  His bones are hardening and his skin is smoothing out as he continues to get fatter and ready for birth!  And my baby specifically is still a little sideways, he's diagonal.  I know this because I only feel movement in my lower left abdomen and upper right abdomen...sometimes even at the same time.  I'm not sure which end is his head, but I hope it's the lower one and that he gets into position soon!!

Last week (because I never posted a pic) - 32 weeks

33 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment