Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bump Watch 34 weeks

Can you believe I've been doing this for so long?  I think it makes it go by a little faster when I always have Thursday to look forward to.  Although, I am a little sad that I'm only at 34, I feel so much farther along than that!

Things are still going well.  I visited the midwife this week and I'm not really gaining weight (which is okay, because I gained so much in the beginning), I'm measuring right where I should be, and baby's heart-rate is consistently in the 150s.  We watched a video at our Family Circle group prenatal care meeting this week.  It was about the stages of labor.  Nothing like a video of a bunch of women in labor to get you excited to have a baby, right?

I left there thinking, "oh yeah, I have to do THAT again!"  Pregnancy is so exciting, and the the thought of a new baby so fun, that you forget that actually HAVING the baby sucks.  Oh well, it's worth it, right?

How far along?  34 weeks!!  

Weight Gain? I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but at the midwife on Tuesday night I weighed exactly the same as I did 3 weeks prior at our midwife appointment.  I know this because they give us a little chart to keep track on, not because I'm THAT obsessed with my weight! haha

What's up with my Body?  This baby is REALLY low.  I have a hard time even sitting up straight because my belly gets in the way.  It's so weird.  And he MUST be sitting right on my bladder, because I have to pee, like, every 10 minutes!

And then there are the usuals: I'm not, I'm sweaty, Sadie is heavy, etc.

I'll tell you what, though, I had to drive my old car to the midwife on Tuesday night (long story, I overbooked myself, so I had to send Brian to the airport to pick up some friends), and I am so thankful for our new van!  That little tiny car was hard to get into, and uncomfortable to drive.  Plus I didn't have navigation or a nice stereo, or bluetooth to talk to my mom (I actually had to use my phone!!!).  I am so spoiled now.

Sleeping?  Sleeping isn't as bad as it was with Sadie, but it's uncomfortable.  I have to lay on my side, but often my top arm goes to sleep, so I have to lay with it in an awkward position so that I can keep the blood circulating.  I'm not sure why this happens, but it happened when I was pregnant with Sadie too!

The hardest part about sleeping right now is turning over.  You know what I mean, the 7-point bounce-turn complete with the sighing and moaning.  It's like a full-on workout in the middle of the night!!

Dreams: I had a dream the other night that we had the baby and, surprise!!!  It was a girl!  I don't know if it's my fear of this happening, or my hope that this happens that causes me to have dreams like this, but it was strange.  Luckily, we're working on a backup girl's name... just in case.  

And for those of you who say, "you saw the ultrasound and there was a penis!"  I say, we saw ONE ultrasound and something that LOOKED like a penis.  Ultrasounds are fuzzy and it's not easy to tell what you're looking at...mistakes have been made in the past, and they can still be made.

Food Cravings?  The salt craving is back.  I want salt on everything.  I even put salt on my oatmeal in the morning... instant oatmeal.  And I bought potato chips at the store last night.  Tonight I get to go out to dinner with my spesh-moms group and I am SOOOOO looking forward to french fries.  In fact, that might just be what I order for dinner.  Just french fries please.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Emotions: My emotions are pretty well in check.  I did cry during that video when the babies were finally born.  But I probably wasn't the only one!!  I met the new midwife that was just hired where I go, and we had a good talk about Sadie, and I managed to keep it under control with her.  So, that's good!

Baby name: The good news on this front is that we still both like the name we liked last week.  Brian isn't convinced that this is "the one," he still thinks there might be a perfect name out there just waiting for us...but I think this just might be it.

Best moment of the week: Because my mommy felt bad for me and my meltdown 2 weeks ago, and because she couldn't be here to do anything to help me, or even give me a hug, she sent me a present.  This is how my mom operates.  I think sending the present is more for her than for me, but I did appreciate the timing and the stuff that was in it.  Mostly, I appreciated the tank top she bought me at Old Navy.  The Old Navy by her house has maternity clothes (unlike the Old Navy by my house) and these tank tops were on sale (probably because she actually lives somewhere where the weather is starting to cool down...I used to love Septemeber.  Now I loathe it.)  So, she thought of me, and bought me a black one.  

It is the best thing ever.  It's LONG enough, which is awesome because most of what I wear doesn't go over this LOW belly, and then I look like trash when I go out with my belly hanging out the bottom of my clothes.  (you might be asking why I don't just wear pants then with a pregnancy panel that goes up over my belly?  I do.  But since this baby is so low, they slip down and end up under my bump anyway...it's really inconvenient.)  

Anyway, so I called my mom that night, after receiving this present, and I said, "can you go back and buy me like 3 or 4 more of those tank tops?  I don't even care what color, I hardly leave the house anyway...but they just might be the only thing that will go over my belly for another 6 weeks!"  She called me the next morning from Old Navy and asked, "do you want another black one?"  I told her they can all be black, I don't even care.  As long as they fit, beggars can't be choosers!!  

They are in the mail and I should have them by this weekend!!  Aren't Mommies great?

What I'm looking forward to: Duh!  Those tank tops coming in the mail!!!

How baby's growing: Baby is about 5lbs and close to 18 inches long...which is why I'm feeling so much stretching and pressure.  I'm eating and eating to try to keep up with his growth!!  He's getting fatter and rounder and his skin is smoothing out.  Really, at this point, I could have a healthy premature baby who might need to stay in the NICU for a couple of days, but really would probably not develop any long-term health problems.  So, that's exciting...although, because of scheduling, I'd rather he come on his due date or within a couple days of it.

34 weeks.  That mirror is so gross, I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment