Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NG follow up

We saw Dr. Wendy yesterday to follow up on Sadie's NG tube placement. I love that we have such an awesome pediatrician because not ONCE did we see a G.I. doctor in the hospital, and our follow up isn't until July 13...almost 2 months after Sadie's admission (May 22). But our pediatrician, who is super busy and I couldn't schedule an appointment with, squeezed us in at 8:30 in the morning on a Monday.

She was pleased with everything I had to report. And Sadie weighs 20lbs 7oz!!! I told Dr. Wendy that Brian and I had discussed it and we feel like since this tube has been such a positive thing for Sadie that we should start talking about a G-tube. We feel like this is going to take more than a couple of months before Sadie will be able to eat enough to sustain her own growth, and rather than prolong the misery of throwing up her tube and having to re-insert it, or risk the danger of ripping it out everytime we pick her up or move her somewhere, we'd like to just have the surgery to place the G-tube. I am also very interested in getting Sadie nutrition from real foods, and not just pediasure, and to do that she needs the G-tube. Dr. Wendy said she completely agrees and she'll push the referral through right away.

We have a surgical consult scheduled for Friday morning of this week.

I will keep you posted as I have more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment