Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bump Watch - 12 Weeks

Second Trimester, here I come!

When I was pregnant with Sadie the puking and feeling tired and yucky all day subsided between 13 and 14 weeks.  So, I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel!!

How far along?  12 weeks!!

Weight Gain?  +10 pounds...I seem to be gaining steadily at about a pound a week.  That's good, right?  Considering I eat mostly cereal and Hershey's Kisses all day!

What's up with my Body?  I'm starting to feel it when I bend over to pick something up or have to scrunch my body up for whatever reason.  My tummy is starting to get in the way...and when I do that I get a little reflux.  I'm still tired in the afternoons, but my energy is returning for most of the day.  Still throwing up.  Still HATE the thought of Sadie's blended up tube food.

Sleeping is getting harder.  I wake up in the night and am uncomfortable and can't get back to sleep.  Sometimes I'm hot.  Sometimes my hips ache.  Sometimes I have restless legs.  But just about every night I have weird dreams.  Last night, for example, I dreamt that there was a handsome prince who was coming to see a princess, but her stepsisters were evil and they didn't let her go down and see him until they cut off her legs.  But it wasn't like they killed her, she just didn't have any legs (you know, like if you took the legs off of Barbie?).  So, her and the prince couldn't go anywhere fun.  Then her clothes disintegrated and she was left hiding behind a bush so he wouldn't see her, and she couldn't get back in because she couldn't walk.  Poor girl was humiliated...so weird.

Food Cravings?  More like food non-cravings.  Nothing sounds good.  Except cereal.

Movement?  Yes!!  I finally felt movements this week.  It seems super early, I know...but that WAS baby that I felt!!  It was in the right spot, it wasn't gas, and it happened more than once!!  Kind of weird, but so exciting too!!

Gender?  I'm starting to think that maybe it's a girl...but it could be a boy.  I don't know.  2 more months and we'll know for sure (I hope)

What I'm looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to the baby's kicks getting strong enough so that Brian can feel them.  He always enjoyed that with Sadie, and I think he's a little jealous that I can feel them so early before he can.

What I'm not looking forward to:  Not being able to carry Sadie.  It's already getting harder and harder to lift her, and when I can, I ask Brian to do it for me.  She's almost 30lbs of dead weight, and it's exhausting!  But I can still hold her when I'm sitting, so hopefully we'll still be able to cuddle no matter how big I get!

Speaking of being held, Sadie needed to be held this morning, so I did my best to take pictures with her in my arms (she is HEAVY!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment