Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sadie's 2-year portraits!

We just got Sadie's 2-year-old portraits in the mail the other day. When I had talked to the photographer previously, she told me she "wasn't thrilled" with them because there weren't many where Sadie was actually looking at the camera. That initially made me sad.

But then I realized that Sadie is who she is. She's not a normal kid, some days she wants to look to the side. Sometimes we can sit her up and she won't lift her head. That's the kind of day she had when the photographer came over. That's who she is right now, and I think it's more important to preserve and remember who she is and not who we WANT her to be in front of the camera.

And honestly...she's still pretty cute even if we don't get to see her facing the camera!!








1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures. I love the shots that are not posed it shows the real child. We have many shots were you cannot see eyeballs, or eyes are closed but really great shots of our Finnian.

    ReplyDelete