Monday, June 4, 2012

Mommy and Me #4...the perfect morning

I love waking up and just laying in bed.  When I was pregnant with Sadie, I fantasized about having lazy Saturday mornings cuddling in bed with my baby girl and Brian.  As it turns out, Brian is not a fan of laying in bed when there's so much getting up to do...and Sadie turned out not to be a good sleeper, so lazy mornings were usually spent with me on the couch after being up multiple times and several hours during the night.

Dreams shattered.

Until recently... On March 24th (yes, I marked it on my calendar because it was THAT big of a deal!) Sadie started sleeping all night.  And I don't mean like we laid down with her for an hour until she finally went to sleep, then she woke up at 6:00am kind of all night.  I mean, we'd lay her in bed, kiss her and tell her we love her, then close the door and not see her again until almost 12 hours later!!  It's like she wanted to do her part in making Mommy comfortable in her pregnancy, so she decided to be a big girl.

Likely, it's more related to teething.

Sadie has one of her 2-year molars.  And just this week 2 more have decided to show their faces (heads?).  The sleeping has been a little rough.  Mostly, she wakes up and lays there for hours until she decides that it's time someone should pay attention to her, or help her go back to sleep.  This last Saturday, that happened at 6:00am.

Thursday night had been a rough night.  Sadie's mouth hurt so badly that she didn't finally fall asleep until after 1:00 in the morning.  Then she woke up screaming (although she never was awake I don't think) sometime later.  And unfortunately, I had to wake her at 8:30 because we had an appointment at 10:00 to get her hand splints.  I felt really bad about that too, because she'd had a little cold this week and I knew she could have used the sleep for more than just her bad night.

Needless to say, I was really looking forward to getting a good night's sleep Friday night and sleeping in Saturday...because I figured Sadie'd be so tired she'd sleep all night like normal.

So, when I heard her at 6:00, I was NOT having it.  I was GOING to sleep in!!  I unhooked her tube and brought her in bed with us.  The last time I did this, she fell back asleep, so I was hoping that would be the case again on this morning.

It wasn't long before I saw a yawn.

Then there was a nonchalant stretch that just happened to help her curl up toward her Daddy.  His magic smell starting releasing its go-back-to-sleep powers, and soon her eyes were closed.  She was working herself on snuggling as close to Daddy as possible...which was great for me because that meant I had more bed!!

Anyway, she slept hard for another 3 hours.  And we had the perfect morning, with our baby girl, cuddling in bed together.

It was like a dream come true.







Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

5 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet picture. I'm glad you had your dream come true! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest picture ever!!! Hooray for dreams come true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, made me cry. I love you girls!! (and Brian too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you cry at everything too??? Darn genetics and those cry-hormones we got from Grandma!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that is so gosh darn sweet! It's hard for me to get cuddles and sleep in, too. None of my girls like to snuggle and they are all up way too early!

    ReplyDelete