Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Weekly Schedule

Next week is a huge milestone in our special needs life.  For the first time ever all our therapies will be AT HOME!!!  And, we haven't had OT since December, when we moved, so we'll be starting that again next week, which will be so good for Sadie!

Our old house was in a "black hole" for therapies.  We were lucky that Jessica came to see us for Occupational Therapy, we were the farthest east she came.  And I was told we were lucky we even HAD Physical Therapy since Sadie was so young...but we had to drive to see Tami for that.  Now that we live on the other side of town, people are more available to come to our area...and more willing!

So, I want to give people an idea of what a special needs mom's schedule looks like on a weekly basis.  I know that most stay at home moms consider their job full time, but have you ever wondered what they do all day?  Well, I work part time (from home, thank God), and I take care of Sadie...but I don't clean the house!!  I have to draw the line somewhere, right?

Monday

10:00-11:30 - Sadie and Mommy go swimming

2:00-3:00 - Feeding Therapy

Tuesday

9:30-11:00 - Mommy works (grading)

11:30-12:30 - Physical Therapy

12:30-4:30 - Mommy works

Wednesday

9:00-10:00 - Mommy works (grading)

10:30-11:30 - Occupational Therapy

12:00-4:30 - Mommy works

Thursday

8:00-4:30 Mommy works

but...

10:00-11:00 - Speech Therapy

1:30-2:30 - Physical Therapy

Friday

9:30-11:30 - Foundation for Blind Children Mommy & Me program

10:00-11:00 - Vision Therapy (at home if we don't go to FBC)

12:30-4:30 - Mommy works

Luckily I get Saturday and Sunday off...sorta!!  I still have to feed every 2/2.5 hours, change diapers, and play with Sadie (that's not so bad!!)  But Brian helps out a lot...especially in the evenings and on weekends!

You can see why having therapy come to our home will be such a blessing!  The only place we'll have to go each week is Foundation for Blind Children on Friday mornings...if we want.  But I think it'll be a welcome chance to get out of the house and play with other kids (and moms).

I hope everybody has a blessed week this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment