Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bump Watch - 21 weeks

A couple of weeks ago at our Family Circle meeting, we had to go around and introduce ourselves, say how far along we are, and tell one thing we're really enjoying so far about our pregnancy.  My first thought was, "I'm supposed to be enjoying this?!"  I'm sorry, but I just don't really enjoy being pregnant.  I am not comfortable in my body or my emotions and it only gets worse before it gets better.

I've been thinking about that a lot since that night.  Maybe I should start being more positive about being pregnant.  I do like to feel my baby kicking me, even if it's first thing in the morning.  And I also enjoy eating.  But honestly, this is going to take a lot of work to change my mindset about being pregnant!!  So, any tips or suggestions you want to leave me, I'd be happy to hear/read!!

How far along?  21 weeks

Weight Gain?  I'm almost embarrassed to say, since my cousin is 29 weeks pregnant and only has gained 17 pounds.  I'm up +28.  eek!

What's up with my Body?  I did get a full blown cold this last week.  This was the third time I've been sick this pregnancy.  With Sadie, I had one cold (although, it was a pretty bad one) at the very end of my pregnancy, so being sick this much is very different.  What's weird is that when I was pregnant with Sadie, I was in the classroom everyday, in contact with hundreds of children and thousands of germs.  Now, I stay home mostly all day...why am I sick more often this time???  Weird.

I've been really good about staying hydrated.  It helps a lot to be conscious of my water intake (which reminds me, I should take a big gulp right now).  The other night I was a little behind and I really felt it.  It's good that I have this pretty much under control because tomorrow the high temp is supposed to be 111 degrees (yes, you read that right...unfortunately).

I have reached the point where leaning forward or bending down AND breathing at the same time cannot happen.  It's one or the other.

Sleeping: I've been sleeping well.  I fall asleep easily, probably since I'm dead tired at the end of the day, and I get a good night's rest of about 8-9 hours.  Of course there are 3-4 potty breaks in there, but those never seem to keep me awake...I just go, come back to bed, and fall back asleep.  I'm enjoying this sleep while I can, because I know it won't last forever!!

Movement? The other night We laid in bed and Brian had his hand on my tummy and we just felt the baby kicking over and over.  It was really fun (see?  There's something I enjoy about my pregnancy...sharing it with Brian), and Brian asked me a bunch of questions about how it feels on the inside as opposed to what it feels like on the outside.  It was a bonding moment.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

By the way, I picked out the perfect pink paint for Sadie's walls!!

Emotions: Okay, so normally I'm a crier.  I cry about everything anyway, but now it's really bad.  I watched something the other day (some video on Facebook that someone posted) and I BAWLED.  I mean, it's a good thing Brian wasn't home so I could just sob.  He would have laughed at me.  I cry at certain songs on the radio.  I even cried as I was writing a comment on my cousins blog about the grief associated with losing a baby/having a child with special needs.  I'm a mess.  It's just a matter of time before I break down in front of a stranger for no particular reason.  And that'll be embarrassing!

What I'm looking forward to:  I painted the playroom this last weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting that all put back together and sharing it with you.

I'm also starting to look forward to hand-me-downs (so if you're one of the people who promised me some, start shoveling them my way!!).

I'm also starting to look forward to feeling more baby movement all the time.

Best moment of the week:  The lady at the grocery store ringing up my groceries asked me when I'm due.  This is a big deal because it means that I'm obviously enough pregnant that she didn't hesitate, but assumed that I'm pregnant...which means I don't just look fat anymore!

How baby's growing: This week my baby is about 10.5 inches long...they equate this to the length of a carrot, I don't know about you, but carrots seem to vary quite a bit in length, so that seems a little vague to me!  He's also got eyebrows and eyelids now!!  Those are important.


1 comment:

  1. You know both my sister and my mom HATED being pregnant. Neither has a good word to say about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete